Monday, December 12, 2011

And So The Training Begins...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In exactly 18 weeks I will be de-boarding a bus in Hopkington, 
more than likely freezing my tush off,
and approaching Runner's Village to hang with some of the world's greatest athletes,
anxiously preparing to run the oldest and one of the most challenging marathons
in. the. world:
The Boston flippin' Marathon.

It will be the 29th anniversary of my brother's accident,
the 30th anniversary Boston run for Rick and Dick Hoyt,
and it will be my first 26.2 miles... ever.
My family will be there,
I'll be running with a great team,
and I'm pretty sure that there will be a great deal of friends and supporters
waiting anxiously for a Facebook update...

I can't express the amount of love I feel already,
so I'm positive that I will be a complete wreck of emotions come April 16, 2012.

So today training begins. 
18 weeks.
That's 72 runs. 
18 Sundays of running parking garages (so I don't keel on a hill).
446 miles.
That will all hopefully lead me to the anticipated 26.2 in under 4 hours.

Those numbers don't scare me whatsoever.
(Ok, that's a huge lie)
But I honestly couldn't be happier or more excited.
We've had over 30 donations.
I just finished apron #67 with 26 in the queue.
I have a husband who has learned to tune out the pounding of a sewing machine,
A family who gets just as excited as me for each $1 I get.
 I have three sponsors to date.
And I will hopefully get a running fanny pack for Christmas.

Tis the season to be jolly and grateful.
I'm thankful for all of you!
Those who have donated,
those who have ordered an apron,
those who have spread the word,
and those who thought about us yesterday, today or tomorrow.

You have made this incredible dream a reality!
Help cheer me on as I take the first steps in my training!
Like us on Facebook!
Share our blog!
Find sponsors!

Let's get this party started.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No comments:

Post a Comment