Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Herkie for Hoyt!

I just went on what was supposed to be my pre-half marathon longish weekday run.
Yeah, supposed.

Today in lovely New Orleans it is 80 degrees,
with 75% humidity,
and 25 mph winds.

That's not all.
I also forgot my knee brace.

It doesn't end, my friends.
Everyone and their father wanted to cut their lawn in this summer-like weather.
So on top of the stinging of sweat,
I also had blades of grass darting at my eye balls.

Photobucket

So I did a halfer. 

BUT the wonderful part of this grassy excursion
is that I had time to get really pumped about this upcoming weekend's half marathon.

This weekend is the Rock 'N Roll Mardi Gras race.
The most over-priced race in the city.
You can tell it's not a New Orleans-based race because they only give you 2 drink tickets.
BUT it's really fun, and I'll be unveiling a super fun surprise for it on Friday.

THE POINT OF THIS POST:
I've always been jealous of people's really awesome race shots.
And the trick to getting a super awesome race photo just happens to be my specialty:
Stage It.

So, my really awesome followers:
If I get 20 or more $13 donations for the 13 miles I run on Sunday,
I promise to whip out my old school cheerleading moves
and jump across that finish line:

Photobucket

Herkie Style.

I cannot make any promises as to what it will look like,
but I solemnly swear that I will pick up my 8:23 mile paced-legs 
and release my inner cheerleader.

It may be a double Herkie.

So, who's with me?! 
I need 20 of ya's to:
1) Give up that greasy meal you were going to eat out
2) Downgrade your wine
3) Have drinks on the patio instead of out
4) Pass the chip and dip aisle
5) Not fill up your tank

and instead give those $13 big ones to the Hoyt Foundation.

Herkie-Jump for Hoyt!
Go to my Crowdrise Page to donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment